Question / Help NEED HELP! PLEASE!

Dj_Mayne

I stream on twitch. I use an Elgato HD60s. My OBS keeps lagging the whole PC/crashing and PC won't even work correctly until restarted.This happens randomly hours into my stream. This has been plaguing my stream for about a week now. Have had similar problems be4 but not sure what made it go away. No idea what to do. This is my last log where it happened. https://obsproject.com/logs/1N1_G5cG7f8Ifre_ Will post pc specs is needed. CPU Ryzen 7 3700x GPU 2070 Super.

FerretBomb

Okay, that's a super-weird problem, yeah.
11:45:32.353: Output 'adv_stream': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 8587 (1.7%)
11:45:32.353: Output 'adv_stream': Number of dropped frames due to insufficient bandwidth/connection stalls: 4324 (0.8%)
11:45:32.353: Video stopped, number of skipped frames due to encoding lag: 141/512180 (0.0%)
You do have some minor encoding lag, and your connection is dropping frames every now and then. But for some reason you're getting rendering lag... on a 2070 Super, running as Admin (which should activate the GPU priority override, preventing rendering lag).
About the only times I've seen that are when the GPU or motherboard drivers are REALLY hosed, the person is using an incredibly heavy and laggy browser source, or the PCIe slot that the GPU is in is being run at like 1x or 4x rate instead of the full 16x it should be at. Or the system has a major underlying problem at the OS or hardware level.

Step one in troubleshooting. Create a new Scene Collection (at the top of OBS). Just have ONE scene, and add your gameplay source to it (so your capture card). See if the issue persists. This is attempting to rule out the browser source as an issue.

Step two. Download GPU-Z and run it, and post a screenshot of the output it provides. We'll be able to see what's going on with that.

We'll proceed from there based on what happens. :) Make sure to either reply to this or @tag me so I get a notification on your reply, and can follow up.

Dj_Mayne

Okay, that's a super-weird problem, yeah.

You do have some minor encoding lag, and your connection is dropping frames every now and then. But for some reason you're getting rendering lag... on a 2070 Super, running as Admin (which should activate the GPU priority override, preventing rendering lag).
About the only times I've seen that are when the GPU or motherboard drivers are REALLY hosed, the person is using an incredibly heavy and laggy browser source, or the PCIe slot that the GPU is in is being run at like 1x or 4x rate instead of the full 16x it should be at. Or the system has a major underlying problem at the OS or hardware level.

Step one in troubleshooting. Create a new Scene Collection (at the top of OBS). Just have ONE scene, and add your gameplay source to it (so your capture card). See if the issue persists. This is attempting to rule out the browser source as an issue.

Step two. Download GPU-Z and run it, and post a screenshot of the output it provides. We'll be able to see what's going on with that.

We'll proceed from there based on what happens. :) Make sure to either reply to this or @tag me so I get a notification on your reply, and can follow up.
Thank you so much. I did a 7 1/2 hour stream without my kappamon browser source and I took off a GamePad viewer for good measure. NO problems so far. If anything happens, I will let you know. <3

Dj_Mayne

Thank you so much. I did a 7 1/2 hour stream without my kappamon browser source and I took off a GamePad viewer for good measure. NO problems so far. If anything happens, I will let you know. <3
Well. the issue has happened again. I am working on getting the info you need. OBS crashed so I couldn't even get the report.

Dj_Mayne

cpuz.jpggpuz.jpg

FerretBomb

Unfortunately, the only thing I can think of is that one or more of your Browser Sources might still be lagging, causing the rendering delay. Everything else looks OK, and while Monitor Capture sources should be avoided like the plague, one per scene with no game captures shouldn't cause an issue.
Do you remember which scene you were on when the rendering delay/frame skips started happening?

...I also have to ask (probably not relevant to this), why are you chroma-keying your logo image? Wouldn't it be better to just punch it out and save it as a PNG, with proper transparency?

Dj_Mayne

Unfortunately, the only thing I can think of is that one or more of your Browser Sources might still be lagging, causing the rendering delay. Everything else looks OK, and while Monitor Capture sources should be avoided like the plague, one per scene with no game captures shouldn't cause an issue.
Do you remember which scene you were on when the rendering delay/frame skips started happening?

...I also have to ask (probably not relevant to this), why are you chroma-keying your logo image? Wouldn't it be better to just punch it out and save it as a PNG, with proper transparency?
I didn't know about doing the logo like that. I was told by the person who made it for me to chroma-key it. I'm not sure but it was at the very end of the stream.(if that helps) I was also told that the elgato hd60s causes that GPU to crash. I ordered an Elgato HD60Pro that will be here Friday. Most likely between the PCmain-PS4-BRB. The only browser sources I have on those 3 scenes are stream elements overlays and my kappamon (interactive stream-pet). The PCmain and the PS4 have the same exact browser source for the overlay. The BRB has it's own browser source and they all 3 have the kappamon. @FerretBomb

FerretBomb

I'd try running a stream entirely without browser sources at all, just to test if the rendering delay still happens. One more reason I argue against cloud-based overlay management, and keeping everything local.
That new logfile is incomplete; it doesn't have the end of your streaming session, which contains important data.

The max audio buffering reached was for your Desktop audio source; what is '(Razer Audio Controller - Game)'? It's listed as your desktop audio device, and would be causing that problem as it's not responding to data requests in a timely and complete manner.

Dj_Mayne

i will end stream before i get the report at the next occurrence. sorry about that. it has also said max audio buffering with the source being the elgato. @FerretBomb