Question / Help Need help for settings new PC i7 6700K

De Spelbreker

HI Guys,
I've been streaming and recording for 2 years now with OBS and started OBS multiplatform a year ago.
Always been using some old Phenom II for streaming. was about time for an upgrade.
Intel i7 6700K @ 4,6Ghz
16Gb RAM
Geforce 950 2GB

I write and buffer everything to SSD's but for some reason i can't manage to make 1080p60 recordings, also wenn i try to stream it my CPU usage just sky rockets to 100% even wenn i'm not even streaming or recording it's around 20% usage just for OBS being opened.

Made quite an investment here but for some reason it's letting me down would love if anyone can help out here
Thanks in advance

De Spelbreker

Yeh sure thanks for looking into my issue, i fixed it a bit but the quality is drastically lower then i expected from this machine.
Here's the log file(s) i see i didn't use my OC yet got it now but still doesn't work as i wanted. Temprature just shoots up to 70 degrees (acceptable) but CPU usage 100% framerate in recordings and stream just lost it (like 0.2 FPS)

Attachments

• 2016-01-22 09-55-06.txt
    90.6 KB · Views: 89
  • 2016-01-22 09-53-20.txt
    14.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 2016-01-22 08-56-09.txt
    34.9 KB · Views: 37

Hopewithinchaos

Forum Moderator
You say you have 16GB of RAM, but your Log file is saying you have 2GB. And you're also using the 32 bit version of OBS when you could be using the 64 bit version, if you have the 64 bit elgato drivers that released recently.

Harold

Using the placebo preset and not expecting it to max your cpu is rather silly.

If you're recording Try a new profile. Set the recording quality to indistinguishable and the encoder to x264, low cpu use.

As for streaming, going from "faster" to "placebo" increases the cpu requirements by at least double to maintain framerate.

The slower the preset sounds, the more cpu power it needs.