Need help configuring obs-studio in order to record from a VCR (in order to preserve videotapes).

mnrwest

I am new to this forum, and I am trying to figure out how to configure out how to correctly configure obs-studio to record video and audio to a file. My operating system is Slackware 15.0, and I have connected my VCR to my PC using a USB capture device.
As of right now, I have it at the point where I can watch said video in 'real time' (with audio included), but then when I record said video, it only contains the video and NOT the audio,

How do I go about correcting that situation?

Attachments

• obs log file.txt
    14.6 KB · Views: 10

ov10fac

I am new to this forum, and I am trying to figure out how to configure out how to correctly configure obs-studio to record video and audio to a file. My operating system is Slackware 15.0, and I have connected my VCR to my PC using a USB capture device.
As of right now, I have it at the point where I can watch said video in 'real time' (with audio included), but then when I record said video, it only contains the video and NOT the audio,

How do I go about correcting that situation?
My guess would be you need to add an audio input capture to your obs. I would suspect that the USB capture device would act just like a web cam, so you need to find it and add .