Question / Help NDI sending 10mbps over 1gb network.

DarkAngel™

First of all hello.

Am having an issue that is making me pullout my hair last few days.

So let's start at beginning.
Am using 2pc setup for some time now and it all work well how ever decided to upgrade machine and move away to capital to search for better interwebs.
Moved in with my room m8 and we got 3-4 pc-s around. Apartments already had internet when we got here with some old "Cisco EPC3208" crap modem / router or what is called. 1 lan slot and 2 phone lnputs. (I personally believe that this device meet Tutankhamen.)
So Lan works just fine 1gb in local but moment i add internet to"1gb Switch (TP Link TL-SG1008D) Very weird stuff starts to happen.

1) Only 2 pc at the time can have internet connection. (I guess modem cant give more addresses??? Not main issue)
2) NDI is sending only 10mbps trough network? (Ik lan is 1gb i have check it many times and transfer data as well)
OBS advance options to set IP once internet cable is added to switch IP changes from what ever lan was (given by Switch) to 192.168.1.4 (router i guess & normal)
Also i have try to use NDI with out internet but for some hell reason and spawn of Satan NDI wont send image but its visible in list to select it.
But again once internet is added then it work?

Waiting on ISP isp to replace it but until they do starting to feel like south park episode ( https://youtu.be/vbHqUNl8YFk?t=62 )

If you guys have any advice because am starting to losing my mind.
(Until i figure out that only 2 Pc-s can be on network for 5 hours i was going up and down the stairs. xD)

Thank you in advance!

koala

You don't have an issue with OBS Studio, you have an issue with your local LAN setup (network setup). The EPC3208 is a cable modem, not a router. You can connect one (1) device to the modem. To connect more than one PC, you need a router that does NAT and distributes local IP addresses to multiple PCs, so they can communicate with each other and all with the internet. The switch is only a switch and not a router router as well. A switch just extends the number of ports of a router.
A router is the core of the local LAN, so you need a router to fix your issues with the internet and with the local connectivity. Your local connectivity is impacted, because you have no device that gives IP addresses to your PCs - that's the task of the router.

Please check with your internet provider what local setup he recommends. Usually, internet providers recommend all-in-one devices that integrate a cable modem with a router and with a 4-port switch in a single case.

In case you need more info, look for a resources that deal with home LAN setups. This forum is for OBS support, not for general networking or PC support.