ndi plugin wont show up no matter what i try

• Thread starter Deleted member 226957
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 226957

as the title says ndi wont show up under tools no matter what i try, any tips?

Sukiyucky

Since you are posting in the Windows section, when you went to download the OBS/NDI plugin, its best to download the Windows installer, not the ZIP file. Then, after you install, you must reboot your computer.

D

Deleted member 226957

Since you are posting in the Windows section, when you went to download the OBS/NDI plugin, its best to download the Windows installer, not the ZIP file. Then, after you install, you must reboot your computer.
got it installed now, but now the main pc wont show up in the pc that will do the encoding, so i cannot select it, i noticed tho that it appears sometime to only then dissapear

carlmmii

Do you have an actual NDI stream being supplied from your main computer? If you're using OBS for this, you need to start the NDI by going to Tools->NDI Output settings, and enabling "Main Output". If you're using NDI tools directly, then you need to be running the Scan Converter program.

D

Deleted member 226957

Do you have an actual NDI stream being supplied from your main computer? If you're using OBS for this, you need to start the NDI by going to Tools->NDI Output settings, and enabling "Main Output". If you're using NDI tools directly, then you need to be running the Scan Converter program.
yes i have my main pc obs set to main, and the second on is not discovering it under source name

Martjan

Both PC's should be in the same subnet (IP range). If not, you have to configure a remote source in NDI Access Manager
If you use WiFi, be sure client isolation is switched off. You could also try to switch off the firewall on the source pc to see if that helps.
Alternatively you can use NDI Studio Monitor to check if you can discover NDI source.
(Both NDI Access Manager and NDI Studio Monitor are part of the NDI Tools that can be downloaded from https://ndi.tv)