NDI Output issues from Second PC

anchit02

Hello all,

I'm unable to get any output (Audio&Video) from my second PC using the NDI plugin for OBS. The problem just appeared out of the blue one morning after I turned on my computers a few weeks back. Before that time, everything was working and fine. There has been no updates to OBS or the NDI plugin, or to Windows. The details of my setup is given below.

PC1: Gaming PC -> OBS NDI Source (IP: 192.168.1.14)
OBS 25.0.8 (x64) with NDI plugin 4.9.0
Windows 7 (x64)
Intel-i7 3770k, 16GB memory,GTX 980.

PC2: Streaming PC -> OBS for receiving NDI Output (IP: 192.168.1.13)
OBS 25.0.8 (x64) with NDI plugin 4.9.0
Windows 7 (x64)
Intel-i7 4790k, 32GB memory,GTX 1080ti.

The NDI plugin is running on both the computers. From PC1, have set NDI's output. On PC2, when I add NDI source, I can see that it detects the source.
The problem: No video& audio feed is coming through to PC2. The video is a black screen.
I've also installed NDI tool and studio monitor to check the issue, and the Studio monitor tool has the same problem. It does not get the Video & Audio from the source.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

rockbottom

Attached are some guides for NDI.

When you open Studio Monitor on PC1 is the NDI output from OBS available & working OK?

Attachments

• adding-ndi-to-your-network.pdf
    198.8 KB · Views: 619
  • NDI Analysis.pdf
    653.7 KB · Views: 292
  • NDI Problem Solving.pdf
    553.9 KB · Views: 554
  • NDI_Network_Guidelines_se_21_May_2018.pdf
    295.3 KB · Views: 291

anchit02

Attached are some guides for NDI.

When you open Studio Monitor on PC1 is the NDI output from OBS available & working OK?

Hello,
Thank you for the reply and for the guides. To answer your question, when I open Studio Monitor on PC1, the NDI output is working and I can see the output in Studio Monitor in PC1.

Also, I've manage to solve the issue now and I got the NDI feed working properly between the 2 computers. The issues was the the OBS software. I was using the x64 version of the software in both PCs which was not working for me. When I uninstalled x64 and installed x86 version of OBS in both the computers then NDI started working immediately, and everything was fine and normal.

I wasn't aware that NDI was not supported in the x64 version of OBS.

carlmmii

Did you install the 64-bit version of NDI tools, or 32-bit? It has to match across all levels, from NDI tools, to the NDI plugin, to OBS.

anchit02

Did you install the 64-bit version of NDI tools, or 32-bit? It has to match across all levels, from NDI tools, to the NDI plugin, to OBS.
I installed using the file from github for obs-ndi plugin download. I downloaded and used the windows installer for version 4.9.0. It did't specifically say x64 or x86.

I used the same installer to install the OBS-NDI plugin in both cases, for 64 and 32 bit versions of OBS. So, it is possible that I was using the 32 bit plugin while using the 64 bit version of OBS. However, I did a search and didn't find any mention of 64 bit OBS-NDI plugin. Also, I checked the github release pages and saw nothing about 64/32 bit version. Just the installers and files for other OS installation.

rockbottom

Glad to hear you got it working!

Just an FYI, I only use the 64-bit version of OBS & have no issues with the plugin.

Here's a screenshot of the unpacked zip file.

OBS-NDI Zip File Capture.JPG

anchit02

Hey rockbottom, thanks for sharing the info with me. I'll try to get the 64bit version working and will report back with updates. Could you also share a picture of the plugins folder for OBS please?

anchit02

Hello all,
Just to give a final update and thank you all for your help. I was able to get NDI working on the 64bit version of OBS for both the PCs finally. I followed rockbottom's image and copied the ndi plugin manually to the OBS 64bit directory and things started working fine.

I hope this thread helps others in the future.