Question / Help NDI audio not appearing in mixer

plzhalp

OBS: 22.0.3
Skype: Mac Preview/8/39.76.154 (I was running the most recent version 8.38.x.x but the 'NDI Output' option was no showing up in Calling>Advanced>Allow NDI Output)

Last Wednesday, we did a broadcast using OBS and I brought in a remote guest using the NDI plugin. Thing has been an absolutely god send -- until said broadcast.

We were scheduled to do live hits throughout the day. However, after the first live hit, I could never bring back in my co-host. We disconnected from Skype but I left OBS up and running. When I tried to bring him back on a few hours later, I had no luck -- no video, no audio, nothing. I then 'stopped streaming' (which then meant we had to repopulate a new YouTube link to our subscribers :facepalm:), closed out of OBS and started it back up. At that point I was able to bring him back in but there was no audio -- video looked just fine but I wasn't getting any sound and 'NDI Source' wasn't showing up in the audio mixer as it usually does.

We usually just do one broadcast and call it quits for the day and never had an issue. But in this instance where we disconnected and tried to patch back in, we encountered one problem after another.

Any best practice suggestions if we try this again or at least a way to get OBS to re-recognize 'NDI Source' video and audio?

plzhalp

EDIT: Is there a setting that only makes it visible AFTER you've begun the stream?

I brought my co-host in earlier today, video was fine but no audio....and then once we began the stream within a minute it popped up in the mixer (and then the audio was audible)

Last edited:

plzhalp

I'm testing using my personal laptop and Skype as a "co-host" and looks like everything is working fine....the video AND audio are both being recognized by OBS. Could it be because they're both on the same home network I have set up? Is the fact my co-hosts are off-site and remote causing the disconnect between Skype/NDI/OBS? I'm on a Mac and have no firewall, could there be something in my Cisco router settings I need to adjust?

EDIT: I keep transitioning to different scenes to make sure the audio is being recognized/appearing in the mixer on OBS and OBS is crashing over and over. I'm trying to pull up the crash report but nothing is populating -- however log files are appearing. Could those help provide any clues?

Narcogen

OBS has a built-in function that posts logs to this site and provides a link for you to paste in the forum. It is under the Help menu. Otherwise you can send it to hastebin or pastebin.