Namecheap no help for livestreaming, Mixxx live streaming greyed out, stuck on OPS Custom Stream Service

gyruss2000

Newbie help - Using Mixxx 2.2.4, OBS Project, and Dedicated CentOS on dedicated host (domain on Namecheap). How to find Stream Server & Stream Key

I'm a Newbie with live streaming any help will be appreciated. I've been told several times by Namecheap support that they cannot help me with live streaming. I'm trying to select Custom for Stream service in OBS but I don't know the Stream server & Stream key. Mixxx not on drop down list and Namecheap not either (all options greyed out despite getting no error when switch live broadcasting on). Since struck out with Namecheap support, I will try here next. I'm lost and stuck please help!

koala

If you want to stream to your own custom server, you need to install some streaming service on it. A software package. Since you rented your server, you're the admin of the server and it's your task to install and configure the software.
This is a guide for setting up nginx on a dedicated server, however it's a bit inaccurate for CentOS, because CentOS comes with packaged software you can simply install with yum/dnf. You don't need to compile it yourself.

But given the way your question is worded, installing your own streaming service is probably well beyond your technical capabilities. I suggest you choose one of the established streaming providers like Twitch or Youtube.

gyruss2000

Ok thanks.

I actually trying to avoid Facebook, YouTube (pain to stream live Radio shows). Is there a streaming provider which allows freedom and creativity for DJ mixing? If not, I will have to learn how to install with yum/dnf. Does this mean I will not need nginx or I will have to use yum/dnf to install nginx?

qhobbes

I recall someone mentioning Dlive and Smashcast are good for music/djs. I've never used Dlive but do use Smashcast for streaming billiards/pool but with no audio. It's just an alternative to our FB, YouTube and Twitch stream.