My (short) disaster story

Harmaddeo

Hello,

I gonna share my story and hope this thread will result in an solution to save my live stream business.
In the last few months i organised some live stream BINGO's for local sportclubs. Everything went fine and a bigger sportsclub asked my help. Again, no problems.
Now, last saturday, a big company asked my help to organise an New Year's speech for their employees. Everything was setup, tested and worked perfectly on friday. But saturday, it was a disaster. Video was very shocky (on laptop was everything fine) and YouTube error said: YouTube is not receiving enough video.
I tried everything that came up to me. But no succes and no results. The company was very dissapointed and i was feeling very frustrated about it.
Ofcourse i tested a lot and Googled it, but with nu results. Friday, everything was fine. And saturday, a disaster.
I will share both logs. Hoping someone can find the problem.

Thanks for letting me post my story and many thanks for the people who take time to see the logs.
Harry

For the logs:
Date Friday 15-1
Date Saturday 16-1

Attachments

• 2021-01-16 09-50-26.txt
    80.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 2021-01-15 15-33-56.txt
    31.1 KB · Views: 10

Lawrence_SoCal

Log show audio at 2 different refresh rates - not advised
You Sat logs has a bunch of
10:21:24.005: Output 'simple_stream': Number of dropped frames due to insufficient bandwidth/connection stalls: 1704 (38,4%)
as well as some encoding lag...
10:49:19.552: Video stopped, number of skipped frames due to encoding lag: 5646/6035 (93,6%)

I saw this elsewhere (other poster, other issue... I don't stream to YouTube, so not something I'm as familiar with. For Facebook, isn't that supposed to be 2)
10:58:35.294: keyint: 60 --- is that the right value???

So, looks like maybe started with a network bandwidth issue, then you were changing video settings, and your machine clearly didn't like what you were doing (encoding lag further in log is 99%)

Harmaddeo

Thank you so much for your message Lawrence.
So if i understand you correctly, then friday everything went fine. But saturday i was running into an network bandwidth issue.
And after i did a lot of changes it was getting worser and worser.
So I needed a better network connection, then i had probably no issues and i didnt need to change a lot of things trying to fix it.