Question / Help My own personal Nightmare.. No video on Output side, only preview

GaryG123

I am new to OBS, so it took me quite a long while just to get the audio set up into OBS. it seems that somehow the audio portion of the mac version is complete dogshit and requires at least 2 other pieces of software to actually get it working properly. however, that is fine and i have the audio working fine and exactly as i would like.

the problem now, is that i have ZERO video in the output screen, even though my sources are set and showing up just fine on the preview screen. i have been sitting here for HOURS trying to figure this out. i have literally tried everything (i think). i watched 8-thousand youtube videos, scoured google, and am considering setting fire to the entire neighborhood. i have no idea what to do. i cant seem to fathom why this is so god damn hard to get this program running. the only thing i can think of, is that something is wrong with the software.

i thought maybe if i just record, something will come up, but instead the video file looks like this, no matter what file type or settings i use:
phpQJZkKPPM.jpg

Someone please, please help me figure this out, before i take a bat to everything i own...