My OBS recorded only a part of the screen.

Julian_Julian

My OBS recorded only part of the screen so is there a way to make the footage be "normal sized" and make it display the whole screen and not just a part of it? (Sorry if it's not really understandable but I had no idea how to describe this problem :( )

westonwarrior

Have you set the scene up correctly? In Video settings the base/canvas resolution should be the same as your desktop and the output is what you want to record/stream at so in my case the base is 2560/1440 and output is 1920/1080 (may not be exact) or i only get part of the screen.

I hope i understand your problem and got that right

Julian_Julian

Have you set the scene up correctly? In Video settings the base/canvas resolution should be the same as your desktop and the output is what you want to record/stream at so in my case the base is 2560/1440 and output is 1920/1080 (may not be exact) or i only get part of the screen.

I hope i understand your problem and got that right

Yeah I think I might have forgotten to set it up :/ . So is there a possibility to somehow make the video that I recorded not only show a part of the screen that I recorded but the rest of it too if I didn't set my scene up correctly? Or it just has to stay that way? (I'm new to OBS so I'm not sure if it has the option to edit or fix videos but if it's possible to solve my problem can I do it in OBS or do I have to do it in some sort of editing programme?)

PaiSand

What was recorded can't be modified that way. If you recorded a portion of the screen, unfortunately, there's nothing to be done to fix. You have to record it again, making sure in the OBS display the image is correct (everything outside of it is not recorded). Once you set the Video setting correctly, you must re-add the game source (delete the other one) so to make sure it shows how it's expected.

Julian_Julian

What was recorded can't be modified that way. If you recorded a portion of the screen, unfortunately, there's nothing to be done to fix. You have to record it again, making sure in the OBS display the image is correct (everything outside of it is not recorded). Once you set the Video setting correctly, you must re-add the game source (delete the other one) so to make sure it shows how it's expected.

Okay, thank you for help :)

Joleto

I'm having the same issue. Only records the top left corner of the screen. Source is Display Capture: Capture method automatic (tried DXGI and Windows 10 with no changel). The canvas and output match my screen size, so I'm not sure what is going on. I'm running Windows 10. Just downloaded OBS today.