My i7 Dedicated Streaming PC can't do 720p@60fps -- Help?

ofaLEGEND

Hello everyone,

This forum has been extremely helpful in teaching me so many things about OBS and streaming in general. But I think I've done all the searches I can to optimize my streaming rig and I still can't figure this out.

The problem:
I can't get a smooth stream of 720p@60fps (or even 48fps) on Twitch. See VOD and log file pasted below.

The goal:
Stream PS4 content with separate mic and facecam via Twitch at 720p@60fps. A secondary goal is to record to my PC for later upload to YouTube.

I mainly play FPS games (call of duty, borderlands) and Rocket League (until release of the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater remake!).

The inputs:
PS4 connected to dedicated streaming PC via Razer Ripsaw HD Capture card
Capture Card is connected via USB C to A on a 3.0 SS port
Scarlet USB interface with condenser microphone
iPhone being used as a webcam via iVcam app (USB connection, not NDI or wifi)

The Streaming PC:
i7 4770 (non k)
integrated Intel 4600 graphics
8 gb RAM
Monitor through VGA at 1920x1080
Nothing else running, except iVcam Windows client application

The Internet Speed:
At the time of writing this post, our friends at Ookla (speedtest.net) say this PC has 20ms ping, 56.39 mbps download, and 12.15 mbps upload via ethernet connection. This is while my PS4 is signed in.

I have tried several suggestions from several threads, new and old. I think I'm getting closer, but I just can't get this to be smooth.

Everything I have read on here suggests (I know it's not a promise) that my PC should be able to output 720p@60fps with this setup and connection, so I'm pretty stumped. I've been working on this for weeks and I'm running out of hair to tear out. I need help.

Thank you in advance!

VOD links:
Example #1
Example #2
Example #3

Log File:
Log File

qhobbes

0. Update your Windows 10 to 2004 (if available) per https://obsproject.com/blog/five-simple-tips-for-new-streamers
Optional but generally recommended: In Windows 10 versions 1809 and newer, we recommend that "Game Mode" be enabled for maximum gaming performance. Game Mode can be enabled via the Windows 10 "Settings" app, under Gaming > Game Mode
1. Use QuickSync Video instead of x264 as the encoder.
2. Having the YUV Color range set to "Full" will cause playback issues in certain browsers and on various video platforms. Shadows, highlights and color will look off. In OBS, go to "Settings -> Advanced" and set "YUV Color Range" back to "Partial".
3. You can use a service such as restream.io to steam to Twitch and YouTube at the same time.
4. Also looking forward to THPS remake done right.

ofaLEGEND

Thank you! I'll download the update now. For some reason, I thought I had that, but I guess not.

For game mode, do you recommend I still switch it on even though I'm capture PS4 gameplay and not a game from the PC?

ofaLEGEND

Did a bit of research on game mode and answered my own question.

I’ll experiment with that and the different encoders (quicksync vs x264).