Question / Help My game capture device is laggy!

Narcogen

No output session in log.

Open OBS, start an output session, observe your problem, stop the output session, upload the Current log without quitting OBS.

Narcogen

20:57:25.947: Output 'adv_file_output': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 1 (0.0%)
20:57:25.947: ==== Recording Stop ================================================
20:57:25.948: Video stopped, number of skipped frames due to encoding lag: 2/4982 (0.0%)

Log does not show any significant lag on OBS' side.

I do see multiple StreamElements error, as well as some broken images in your scenes:

20:54:03.766: Failed to open file 'C:/Users/Edder/Downloads/CREOMOSINI.png': No such file or directory
20:54:03.766: gs_image_file_init_internal: Failed to load file 'C:/Users/Edder/Downloads/CREOMOSINI.png'
20:54:03.766: [image_source: 'eMOTE'] failed to load texture 'C:/Users/Edder/Downloads/CREOMOSINI.png'
20:54:03.766: Failed to open file 'C:/Users/Edder/Downloads/CREOMOSINI.png': No such file or directory
20:54:03.766: gs_image_file_init_internal: Failed to load file 'C:/Users/Edder/Downloads/CREOMOSINI.png'
20:54:03.766: [image_source: 'Imagen 3'] failed to load texture 'C:/Users/Edder/Downloads/CREOMOSINI.png'

It's possible that the game itself is lagging and so OBS is capturing it in that state.

Edderkops

I have two monitors, I play on one of them with my Nintendo Switch, and doesn't lag. There is no need for recording or streaming with OBS for the image captured to get laggy. I could upload a video of that if needed. When I use RECenter, AVerMedia Software, there is no lag. In OBS, any other element shows lag, neither animations or the webcam, just the game capture device

carlmmii

When you say "lag", what specifically are you meaning? Are you saying that the image shown in OBS is lagging behind what you're expecting, but you still get a smooth picture? Or are you meaning that the image that's being shown from the capture card is stuttering?

Also, have you tried running OBS as administrator? (right-click on the OBS shortcut or actual program, and select "Run as administrator")

Edderkops

Maybe I didn't use the correct term because of my lack on tech English vocabulary, so tried my best and decided to upload a demostration of what I see in my screen. You can watch it here. I don't really expect to get an image as smooth as the game because of my PC's components, but at least I would like to solve this issue that didn't happen before.

I tried to run OBS as administrator and didn't really solve it :-(

carlmmii

Interesting....

So based on the logs, OBS itself isn't running into anything that it sees out of the ordinary -- there's no rendering or encoding lag to speak of, meaning whatever it's being sent, it's able to process it without anything being lost. Because of this, that seems to imply that whatever is going on is taking place before OBS gets the signal from your capture card.

The part where things become "normal" again with low-motion sections of gameplay is the suspect part. This is the kind of thing you would normally see in OBS if you get encoding lag, as the slower scenes are generally easier to compress since there's less happening. But, since OBS is seemingly fine, that puts the focus more on the input, and this line:

20:54:22.086: [DShow Device: 'Dispositivo de captura de video'] settings updated:
20:54:22.086: video device: AVerMedia C835 Capture
20:54:22.086: video path: \\?\usb#vid_07ca&pid_c835#202898000315#{65e8773d-8f56-11d0-a3b9-00a0c9223196}\{957bd672-7934-4b55-b81a-3e22b14c679a}
20:54:22.086: resolution: 720x480
20:54:22.086: fps: 59.94 (interval: 166833)
20:54:22.086: format: H264
20:54:22.086: using video device audio: yes
20:54:22.086: sample rate: 48000
20:54:22.086: channels: 2
20:54:22.086: audio type: Capture

Unfortunately, I'm not personally familiar with the AVerMedia cards at all, other than just watching comparison videos on youtube. However, if there's no way to change from h264 compression, that means that either something is going on with the card itself where it can't encode fast enough (which could be an issue if it's overheating), or something is going on the decoding end, where your computer isn't able to process the h264 data fast enough and decode the original image it's trying to send.

Or, it could be something I know nothing about with AVerMedia's software, which could be acting as an intermediary. I don't know anything about this unfortunately, so I can't even comment on the reason why you would have the C835 and the LGPLite Stream Engine options shown.[/quote]

KoalsCrystal

Hello everyone.
Did you find the Solution ? I have the same Problem ...
Maybe I should contact the avermedia Support ...