Question / Help My failed attempt to Jerry-rig a "replay buffer" setup

Herolordman

ok, I run the PS4 feed to Media Express using an intensity pro 4k card. After, I launch "syphon inject" to turn media express into a syphon object. Then, I launch cam twist and choose a syphon input, and select media express. Next, I go to VLC and choose "capture from device" and choose camtwist (now VLC is playing a feed of my ps4). Now, to add a delay, I go to playback options and choose a slow speed for about a minute, and then revert back to full speed. Now, VLC is playing my ps4 feed, but with about a minute delay, so that I can record the past minute whenever something I want to record happens. The issue is that through all this bouncing, the feed ends up very stuttery and not smooth at all. Am I getting close, or should I just wait till OBS implements it?

Herolordman

In a desperate last ditch effort to get the "shadowplay/PS4 share/replay buffer" ability, I bought a new SSD and installed windows on it so that I can run the windows version of OBS that has replay buffer. After 4 hours of installing and downloading all the drivers to all my software, I launched OBS only to find out that the windows non-multiplatform version of OBS still doesn't have support for the Intensity Pro 4k card, so I STILL can't have the setup I want.

Harold

The non-multiplatform version of obs will not be getting any new features.

Multiplatform will be getting the replay buffer in the future.