My Elgato game capture card hd60 s no longer works through my PC

PorkNasty

I will try to explain as best I can what is happening here. I have an Elgato card that I run to my PS4 w/ 1 HDMI cable and to a LG monitor w/ another HDMI cable (the monitor has it's own speakers which I normally keep muted). The card is also plugged into a USB port into my desktop PC. It has been working just fine until very recently after a lengthy Windows 10 update. I'm running Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64 bit edition. Here are the PC specs:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-7920X CPU @ 2.90GHz, 2904 Mhz, 12 Core(s)
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

If any other specs would be relevant pls let me know and I can give additional detail.

I have been using this card for a little over a year. It was purchased May 11 2019 and really never moves or gets touched and visually appears to be in perfect condition. When I connect the PS4 to my LG Monitor via the capture card and switch my monitor input to HDMI 2, I get picture and sound through the monitor's speakers. However, when I connect to the PC and open OBS I get no picture and a brief stuttering sound of the PS4 menu music. I have tried updating drivers and downloading the latest drivers for the card. I have also tried using the Elgato Game Capture HD software as well which shows no picture and also fluctuates between "no signal" and "1080pc60 HDCP" back and forth creating the stuttering sound w/ the PS4 menu music. I have also tried unplugging the card, letting it sit for a few minutes then plugging everything back in, restarting all devices and trying again. I have powered down everything, unplugged, let it sit then plugged back in and tried turning it all on at the same time. And various different combinations of these things.

Usually I switch my monitor to input HDMI 2, then run OBS on my PC so that I can hear the sound of the PS4 through my PC headset as well as the sound of w/e is on my PC through the headset as well. I would like to continue using it in that way.

Also another thing that I tried was switching my monitor to input HDMI 2 to make sure I had picture and sound to the monitor through the cap card. I did. The second I opened OBS the picture and sound both went out. When I closed OBS the picture came back but I had no sound through my monitor at that point. To get the sound back I have to unplug the card and plug back in. I would really appreciate any suggestions as I have tried everything I could google or think of at this point.

Here is the OBS Log File

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

FerretBomb

If it does not work through Elgato's software, you'll need to contact Elgato Support to resolve the issue; hardware failure is absolutely a thing, and it sounds like that may be the case in this instance. OBS can't work with the hardware if their own software can't even use it properly, and Elgato Support are responsible for troubleshooting the issue as it is their hardware, even if the verdict is 'dead card'.

There is absolutely nothing we can do to assist with this.

RedFish

I'm having a similar problem. New built computer (attached are the syst info and obs settings). Everything was working, which is, One HDMI black link audio from an audio composite source. I have attached: 1. Our live streaming configuration description. 2. Equipment flowchart, 3. OBS configuration, 4) computer system information. I have been working this problem for a week now. This is what I have done.
1. uninstall windows updates.
2. Verify all default windows devices are set for spatial sound in ON.
3. Refreshed windows to a restore point.
4. Uninstalled Voicemeeter, reinstalled, uninstalled..... tried working without Voicemeeter and went directly to OBS from the DeckLink Quad HDMI recorder.

5. review a multiple YouTube OBS videos on setting up sound.

I'm LOST!!!! PLEASE HELP!
Ron

Attachments

• Live streaming flowchart (send).pdf
    118.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Livestreaming Diagram.pdf
    103.9 KB · Views: 6
  • OBS Log 2020-06-25 14-46-11.txt
    4.4 KB · Views: 3
  • PANCOC Computer System Info.txt
    629.8 KB · Views: 4

PorkNasty

I just purchased a new card (identical model) and I'm still having the same problem. Also swapped out cords as well and still the same issue persists. I'm convinced at this point it's not a hardware issue. There has to be a software conflict somewhere that I'm just not figuring out.

UPDATE: Well I'm kicking myself now cause all this trouble has been for nothing.. Apparently all I needed to do was go to my Playstation 4 settings > system and make sure that "enable HDCP" was disabled by unchecking the box. Now everything works again.... Really sucks I spent $180 to figure that out but it is what it is.

Last edited: