My camera settings for my two Logitech C920's returns to default in OBS everytime I restart my desktop.

Jessika

Hi everyone!

Can someone help me with this? :

My camera settings for my two Logitech C920's always returns to default in OBS everytime I restart my desktop. Is there a way I can lock my settings so I don't have to do this everytime? I use Chroma Key so I need very complex settings!! I can't be doing this all over again every single time, this is ridiculous.

Thanks for your help!

Wunder-Service

I had a similar problem. I have two capture-cards (I thought they were different) but they can't be recognized as different devices by OBS. I think you can't have two different settings for two C920. That is only possible, if you have real different devices. Sorry, no better idea. I had to buy a different capture-card. Seems you have to buy a different webcam. Hope I met your problem.

Jessika

I had a similar problem. I have two capture-cards (I thought they were different) but they can't be recognized as different devices by OBS. I think you can't have two different settings for two C920. That is only possible, if you have real different devices. Sorry, no better idea. I had to buy a different capture-card. Seems you have to buy a different webcam. Hope I met your problem.

Ohh....I don't have capture cards for mine. They are plugged straight in the PC's USB ports.

I did check on Logitech's website yesterday and in the specs. of the C920, it doesn't mention that it is compatible with OBS...but I saw it in the C922 specs. Weird....

Daniel Mann

Yes. Mine are plugged in directly in USB Port too.
And sorry i was wrong, i have the C922, and iths the same Problem!

What you are meaning with "two different settings"? - It doesn't even save one setting!

Are you sure that with a different cam the settings will be Saved?

fatmatrow

Use this. Set your settings with it and hit save. Open it up when you need your settings and it will return to them automatically. It can also differentiate between the cameras. There's no other way around it I'm afraid.

Attachments

• CamControl.zip
    95.5 KB · Views: 562

Jessika

Use this. Set your settings with it and hit save. Open it up when you need your settings and it will return to them automatically. It can also differentiate between the cameras. There's no other way around it I'm afraid.
Is this link safe?

Jessika

Use Logitech G Hub.

Thanks! I tried G-Hub but now I have to keep one C920 and buy one C922 because it has to recognize two different webcams in order to be able to save different settings for each.

I really think this is gonna work will let you guys know!

Thanks for your help!
Jess

FerretBomb

Yeah, this is a long-standing Logitech camera issue. :/ It's a problem with the firmware (forgetting settings on reboot, or even between camera de/reactivations sometimes), their drivers and config software (not being able to differentiate between two same-model cameras for applying settings).

They REALLY need to fix this silliness.