my camera settings dont work

blynkybonk

i bought a 1080p 30fps webcam and i plugged it in and it is running 12 fps. so i searched online for some fixes and i was told to go to obs camera properties but all of the settings are greyed out. unsure what i can do.

Attachments

• Properties 8_09_2020 11_11_39 PM.png
    Properties 8_09_2020 11_11_39 PM.png
    7.8 KB · Views: 7

FerretBomb

That's all the settings your camera exposes. That window is a Windows (OS) level config panel that OBS just calls.
You may need to install the drivers for your camera and use their software to change the camera's settings; some companies still do that instead of just running with UVC standard.

If it was an inexpensive camera... well. You get what you pay for, especially when it comes to cameras. I have a cheapo $15 WinBook (no-name) "1080p30" camera that does the same thing.

blynkybonk

That's all the settings your camera exposes. That window is a Windows (OS) level config panel that OBS just calls.
You may need to install the drivers for your camera and use their software to change the camera's settings; some companies still do that instead of just running with UVC standard.

If it was an inexpensive camera... well. You get what you pay for, especially when it comes to cameras. I have a cheapo $15 WinBook (no-name) "1080p30" camera that does the same thing.
no i payed almost $100 AUD for it. i just wanted to know if i could somehow unlock those settings to access them?