Must reinstall video sources...

Tejloro

I use one Mac in 2 different locations. Everytime I move from one location to the other, my video capture sources are black. I have to delete them and reinstall them to work. The audio is fine in both places. I'm using a video camera and a projector with HDMI output that I run thru adapters into usb ports on a hub. the adapters and the hub are the same in both locations, I just unplug the hdmi cables and plug in the cables at the new location. Audio comes in thru the same USB hub. Why is the video doing that (or why isn't the audio doing the same thing as the video) and is there a way to insure that doesn't happen... It's not a fatal problem, but it sure is annoying...

T

dgatwood

I use one Mac in 2 different locations. Everytime I move from one location to the other, my video capture sources are black. I have to delete them and reinstall them to work. The audio is fine in both places. I'm using a video camera and a projector with HDMI output that I run thru adapters into usb ports on a hub. the adapters and the hub are the same in both locations, I just unplug the hdmi cables and plug in the cables at the new location. Audio comes in thru the same USB hub. Why is the video doing that (or why isn't the audio doing the same thing as the video) and is there a way to insure that doesn't happen... It's not a fatal problem, but it sure is annoying...

Just to clarify, it's the exact same physical camera, or a different camera that's the same model? If the former, are you plugging it into the same port each time? If the latter, I'm guessing they're using device serial number info off of the USB device to match it to the correct source (so that two devices of the same brand can be used at the same time without them randomly swapping back and forth).

If these are two identical devices, rather than the same device in two locations, I'd suggest adding a second source into each scene and then just not worrying about which of the two sources is actually providing video. See if that works.

Tejloro

Just to clarify, it's the exact same physical camera, or a different camera that's the same model? If the former, are you plugging it into the same port each time? If the latter, I'm guessing they're using device serial number info off of the USB device to match it to the correct source (so that two devices of the same brand can be used at the same time without them randomly swapping back and forth).

If these are two identical devices, rather than the same device in two locations, I'd suggest adding a second source into each scene and then just not worrying about which of the two sources is actually providing video. See if that works.

Interestingly enough, they are 2 different cameras. BUT occasionally (maybe 1 out of 5-6 times), they work just fine, but the rest of the time, the above described problem happens...