Multiview

Johan Blome

This new multiview is really awesome!
Fantastic functionality. However, is there anything that can be done to increase the performance.
I am unable run 30 fps with multiview and there seems to be no way of removing scenes that I do not need (and perhaps get ok performance with them removed).
How many scenes can you have and still get decent performance?
I have a I7 and is running with the intel chipset hd 4600.
Johan

You can right click on the scenes in the scenes list and click on "Show in Multiview" so there is no longer a tick in front of it. The scence will then be hidden in the multiview.
Aside that you should really get a dedicated GPU because obs needs a good gpu to render all that stuff.

Johan Blome

Great. I bought a GTX1050Ti and my rendering time was down to ~7-8 % of what I had before, great. No problem running multiview, and no lost frames on advanced transitions...
No, if I only could get hw encoding to work in obs (it does on command line)...

i have a performance question considering multiview. I understand that multiview is a heavy load for the GPU or CPU, whichever has to do the job. So i tried some different video cards to check if improvements can be made.

NVidia GTX650 1GB
NVidia GTX1050 ti 4GB
NVidia GTX1060 3GB

but in all 3 cases 3d usage rises to near 100% when switching to multiview, and starting the stream. In all cases 5 camera's 1080p work fine, and with the 6th added, frame rate is reduced.

So although the cards differ a lot in expected performance, still the result is the same.

What specs should i look at to find a video card capable of more 3d power ?

thanks !