Question / Help Multiview question--Preview vs Program

zayvish

Hello!

I am new to OBS. I'm an elementary school teacher using it as a virtual classroom during COVID lockdown. It's very helpful and has saved me! I find it difficult to switch between scenes quickly (my students lose focus if I have to search for something for more than about .7 seconds, lol) so I started using Multiview. However, I am confused about a couple of things:

1. Why are there two main screens at the top, even if I'm not using Studio Mode? When I click on a scene at the bottom it transitions automatically, which is what I want. What, then, is the purpose of a Preview and a Program screen? Is there a way to turn it off so the monitor isn't so crowded with unnecessary visual data?

2. How can I turn off the extra scenes that show at the bottom? I only have 6 in some collections and 3 in others. Can I customize that layout? Is there a plugin or something? I looked but I could only find posts from years ago asking for that feature, and I wondered if anyone knows of a script that has been written for that.

Thank you!