Question / Help Multiview displaying incorrectly in OBS Studio 25.0.6 on MacBook Pro

rickbooneaudio

Multiview works great on my Mac Mini 2018 w/OBS 25.0.6, but on my MacBook Pro 15" 2018 it displays incorrectly. Shows 8 panels until you select a scene and then only shows 4 and the names disappear, as well as some other weirdness. It drops the Preview and Program displays to the windows below the actual preview & Program display windows and covers up the other 4 scene views. MacOS v 10.14.6. I have the Mac Mini and the MacBook set up exactly the same-I have NDI and Stream Deck plugins installed in OBS as well as the NDI runtime. Reinstalled OBS but no change. One works great, the other doesn't-anyone have any ideas?

You can also see the safe zone draw error in these screenshots.
It appears as if OBS is confused as to where the Preview and Program displays actually are.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 10.33.07 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 10.33.07 AM.png
    183.9 KB · Views: 61
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 10.32.56 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 10.32.56 AM.png
    444.1 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

rickbooneaudio

Multiview works great on my Mac Mini 2018 w/OBS 25.0.6, but on my MacBook Pro 15" 2018 it displays incorrectly. Shows 8 panels until you select a scene and then only shows 4 and the names disappear, as well as some other weirdness. It drops the Preview and Program displays to the windows below the actual preview & Program display windows and covers up the other 4 scene views. MacOS v 10.14.6. I have the Mac Mini and the MacBook set up exactly the same-I have NDI and Stream Deck plugins installed in OBS as well as the NDI runtime. Reinstalled OBS but no change. One works great, the other doesn't-anyone have any ideas?

You can also see the safe zone draw error in these screenshots.
It appears as if OBS is confused as to where the Preview and Program displays actually are.
EDIT:
Mac Mini is running OBS 24.0.6, MacBook Pro was running 25.0.6-installed 24.0.6 on MacBook Pro and now is operating correctly. So there appears to be an issue w/OBS 25.0.6 and Multiview on Mac

Narcogen

Can confirm, the Horizontal 8 and Horizontal 8 Bottom multiview displays are incorrect on 25.0.6 running on MacOS 10.14, showing only 4 sources each including program and preview.

mhaslamTech

Glad it wasn't just me!
I've only just installed OBS on my mac for a new project and thought I was doing something wrong.
Does anyone know the last release where multi view worked correctly that I can go back to and install?

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Thanks for the report, looks like we found the offending commit. We'll see if we can figure out a fix.

mattieyp3

Yes, same problem here (Running Mojave 10.14.6 and OBS 25.0.7). Here is a screenshot of my simple test setup with 4 scenes. The picture shows both Main Studio Mode window and Multiview window (Horizontal, Top - 24). Note the following...
  1. It appears as though the Preview and Program images themselves are directly below the space that is actually allocated to them.
  2. The mini preview images of all scenes are not visible. They are black, just like the actual Preview and Program window spaces.
  3. Scene mini previews are clickable.
  4. In Horizontal, Top - 8 and other setups, the mini previews are clickable even though the main Preview and Program images are covering them.
Thanks. I hope this helps.
OBS Screenshot.jpg