MultiStreaming on Mac...

jentertainment

Hey all! Hope ur doing well. I am having a VERY difficult time. I am a camgirl and I obviously am using a Mac. Mine is from 2013/2014 tho and it seems to be running like it’s 17 years old. I am running Catalina 10.15.7

I tried to multi stream to 3 or 4 different sites and it would freeze up my computer. I have tried restream.io and I cannot even remember all the different sites I have tried... I need to use RTMP (I think I got those in the right order.) but I don’t know what else to try. Then I saw there is some kinda plugin but then I saw it wasn’t for mac.
Can anyone suggest anything that is free or inexpensive or something that YOU KNOW works with a mac this age?

thanks SOOOO MUCH in advance,

j

nottooloud

Restream is the simple answer. That's just one stream from you, so identical to streaming to YouTube or whatever by RTMP. Need more information to diagnose. What are your settings for resolution, frame rate, and bit rate? How's your upload speed per speedtest.net?

jentertainment

Restream is the simple answer. That's just one stream from you, so identical to streaming to YouTube or whatever by RTMP. Need more information to diagnose. What are your settings for resolution, frame rate, and bit rate? How's your upload speed per speedtest.net?
Im not home but when I do get there I’ll look. I gotta set it all up again. And restream wants a little too much a month and doesn’t allow a free trial for what I am doin in order to see if it even works before I pay for service. :( that’s one issue too.
Thanks so much for helpin. I’ll be back in touch this evening. :)

nottooloud

Sourcing multiple streams yourself would require a newer faster computer and possibly upgraded internet, balanced against what restream costs.

doesn’t allow a free trial
Restream has a free tier. What doesn't it do that you need?

In the meantime, is anything else running on your computer when you stream? Web browsers, iCloud, iMessage, Discord, Zoom, whatever. Shut it all down. Move anything you can to another laptop, or a tablet, or a phone. See if that gets your performance back.

jentertainment

No, I’ve run everything I have tried solo. And I reinstalled Catalina and tons of room on HD too. So I don’t know what else to do. :(