Question / Help Multiple Webcams with Lag & Audio/Video Sync Issues

AshleyT

Hey guys! So I'm setting up a friend with 2 logitech C920 webcams on her Macbook Air (mid 2012) to live stream to Facebook. One cam is plugged straight into one USB port and the other is attached to an extension USB cable that is plugged straight into the other USB port. Both cameras produce a super laggy video while streaming and recording. I've tried reducing FPS from 30 to 20 which helped a little, but still, there's a pretty noticeable lag.
While streaming, CPU usage hovers around 25%, Dropped frame rate is always 0%, and current bitrate is typically 2500-2700. I've tried upping her bitrate to 4000 since her upload speed is so good (11Mbps) but that doesn't help, so i've bumped it back down to 2500.
OBS settings
Bitrate: CBR, 2500
Keyframe Interval: 2 seconds
Output res: 1280x720
Internet upload speed: 11 Mbps (crazy high which is why it should be great!)
FPS: 30 (I bumped it down to 20 which helped when I did a test stream, but then did another test stream later, and it went back to its laggy self)
I've gotten 2 webcams to work on another Mac with a similar processor and memory with no lag so I don't understand why this computer is particularly laggy.
I'm sorry, I don't have a log file -- I am not near her computer right now. I am grateful for any suggestions of things I have not tried - thank you!

sfmateo

I was on a 2015 MacBook Air, experiencing lag on just one of three cameras. Couldn't figure out. When upgraded to much more powerful gaming PC, lag was gone. Seems MacBook Air just couldn't handle it.