Question / Help Multiple user set-up on single pc?

prouddad57

Ok, I have a couple of middle school boys who want to stream. So after a little research and trying OBS and the free version of Davinci Resolve on a 6yr old computer, it sucks big time. So looks like a new pc (build) for their birthdays in May.
Question, I want to create 3 seperate users so that no-one messes up the others stuff/settings by mistake. Is there a way to do this?

koala

This is no OBS topic, this is a Windows-specific topic and out of scope in this forum.
Short answer: yes, it is possible to create 3 different Windows accounts that are completely independent from each other and aren't able to mess with stuff made by another account. It takes a small bit of administration to ensure and enforce this, but in general Windows is made for this scenario. OBS is playing well with such a setup.

prouddad57

I was thinking along those lines, but asked anyway! I was maybe hoping that "it" (multiple users) had already been suggested as an item for future inclusion within OBS. Thx for your reply.

FerretBomb

I was thinking along those lines, but asked anyway! I was maybe hoping that "it" (multiple users) had already been suggested as an item for future inclusion within OBS. Thx for your reply.
You can set up different Profiles and Scene Collections for each one, but that will not stop them from using or modifying each other's.
In this use-case (and as someone who has siblings), just creating a separate login for each of them really is the correct way to go. It's not hard to do.