Question / Help Multiple Outputs? Send Stream with Overlay to Twitch / Send No Overlay Stream to FB/YT

dex110

Hey all,
Brand new to this, apologies if this has been asked and I missed the thread. I did search a bit on here and the web and have done a bit digging and asking around first. But so far, I haven't seen anything that addresses this question clearly.

GOAL: Send my stream output to Twitch with overlays and Streamlabs trigger/overlay content while simultaneously sending the same stream to Facebook and Youtube without any visible overlays or triggers. --- In the least CPU intensive and most cost effective way.

I'm experimenting with "Just Chatting" type content and don't need super high frame rates. I'd like 1080, but even 720 would work for starters. If my concept starts to work, I'd be looking to improve quality and invest some more time/money and maybe look at vMix or at least upgrading my OBS machine, etc.

Currently I have an older machine (2.8 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2 GB) but a solid connection (avg 570Mbps upload via Fast.com, have seen peaks over 700Mbps and never lower than 350Mbps), I had direct line installed to the main switch in my building, though its not static IP.

I've read how to syndicate/simulcast a stream to multiple points using something like Restream.io or a private RTMP server, such as here: https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/how-to-set-up-your-own-private-rtmp-server-using-nginx.50/
But that seems to be for using a single output.

If I understood correctly, I read on an older thread here that you can create two outputs by running two OBS instances, however, that's a pain because you have to reconfig setup every time you stream and will be CPU intensive.

With that in mind, it simplifies the question to Can I/How do I, get two (2) outputs from a single instance OBS. One output with overlays, one "clean" output. That I can then send to two different services?

Thanks all.

rubenroll

Hey all,
Brand new to this, apologies if this has been asked and I missed the thread. I did search a bit on here and the web and have done a bit digging and asking around first. But so far, I haven't seen anything that addresses this question clearly.

GOAL: Send my stream output to Twitch with overlays and Streamlabs trigger/overlay content while simultaneously sending the same stream to Facebook and Youtube without any visible overlays or triggers. --- In the least CPU intensive and most cost effective way.

I'm experimenting with "Just Chatting" type content and don't need super high frame rates. I'd like 1080, but even 720 would work for starters. If my concept starts to work, I'd be looking to improve quality and invest some more time/money and maybe look at vMix or at least upgrading my OBS machine, etc.

Currently I have an older machine (2.8 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2 GB) but a solid connection (avg 570Mbps upload via Fast.com, have seen peaks over 700Mbps and never lower than 350Mbps), I had direct line installed to the main switch in my building, though its not static IP.

I've read how to syndicate/simulcast a stream to multiple points using something like Restream.io or a private RTMP server, such as here: https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/how-to-set-up-your-own-private-rtmp-server-using-nginx.50/
But that seems to be for using a single output.

If I understood correctly, I read on an older thread here that you can create two outputs by running two OBS instances, however, that's a pain because you have to reconfig setup every time you stream and will be CPU intensive.

With that in mind, it simplifies the question to Can I/How do I, get two (2) outputs from a single instance OBS. One output with overlays, one "clean" output. That I can then send to two different services?

Thanks all.
Try to use Restream.io service. Send a clean OBS instance (you must to send 2 streams from OBS), in Restream using their Studio Access you can add overlays and also made multiples transmissions. The other stream can be clean.

dex110

Try to use Restream.io service. Send a clean OBS instance (you must to send 2 streams from OBS), in Restream using their Studio Access you can add overlays and also made multiples transmissions. The other stream can be clean.
To send 2 streams from obs I'll need to have OBS opened twice, right?

r3dd3vil

Correct, but they must be different instances (not just the same .exe opened twice). Use portable mode for one or both of the instances.
hello carlmmii, i have a related question. Yesterday i was live with obs in a particular way. I had 2 obs opened, one with the main source and one synced with ndi to the 1st obs. The goal was to go up with 2 streams simultaneusly to 2 different locations (youtube and twitch). But i had a very strange problem. The main source went fine with audio and video, the second one apparently was ok (also in the mixer) but checking the output from youtube there was no audio at all. It can be caused because i just open 2 istances of obs without this portable mode? What this pm do exactly? Thanks

carlmmii

Possibly? I'm not sure of the exact behavior if you have two identical instances of the program running simultaneously. I would first verify these items the OBS instance receiving the NDI feed:
- Mixer shows audio (which you've done)
- The audio source is set to go to channel 1 in the advanced audio settings
- Channel 1 is selected for output to stream in Settings -> Output -> Stream

As far as what portable mode does, it allows you to have completely independent operation of 2 OBS instances. All settings will be independently stored, meaning any changes you make in the portable instance will not affect the main installation's settings. Also, it should guarantee that when running simultaneously with the main installation that there are no conflicts (other than the usual -- video sources, NVENC threads, etc).