Multiple Instances of OBS Combined 2 MKV files into 1.

fusionater

I film reaction videos on Youtube, I usually run 2 instances of OBS at the same time, with different scene settings for different versions of the same video to be recorded at the same time. I have done this over 100 times with no issues.

A video I recorded recently(one over 3 hours, unfortunately, though not that huge of a loss given the nature of the video thankfully), somehow the 2 instances of OBS decided to record the 2 videos to the same file, for a rather trippy and buggy result...lol.

Has anyone ever had this issue happen? Could it be possible to separate the MKV(I will be absolutely shocked and amazed if so, I'm assuming it's dead in the water at this point)?

I'm more just curious than anything, I'm futureproofing this from happening again by having multiple profiles with different output locations for the video files, so it shouldn't be able to happen again.

qhobbes

You can use a program such as Mkvextrac GUI to extract the 2 video files. You may be able to do this with VLC but I don't know how when file contains 2 video files.

fusionater

Unfortunately it seems it all ended up on the same track, cool as heck tool though, might use it in the future if I need it, thanks!