multiple cameras aiming for 4 can only get 2 on an older laptop

OddballNo3

been trying to get 4 cheap cyclo wm-1140 usb 2.0 cameras to work on my older toshiba p55t laptop (I7 1.9ghz, 1 usb 2.0 bus 1 usb 3.0 bus) I'm able to get two to work by using one per bus, but am unable to do any more than 1 per port. I've tried lowering the resolution, I've also tried using a usb 2.0 hub as well as a powered 3.0 hub in both the 3.0 and 2.0 ports but no matter what arrangement I can only get one camera per usb bus. anyone have any suggestions?

Attachments

• 2022-02-06 23-10-21.txt
    26 KB · Views: 12

ZeroLabs

been trying to get 4 cheap cyclo wm-1140 usb 2.0 cameras to work on my older toshiba p55t laptop (I7 1.9ghz, 1 usb 2.0 bus 1 usb 3.0 bus) I'm able to get two to work by using one per bus, but am unable to do any more than 1 per port. I've tried lowering the resolution, I've also tried using a usb 2.0 hub as well as a powered 3.0 hub in both the 3.0 and 2.0 ports but no matter what arrangement I can only get one camera per usb bus. anyone have any suggestions?
Assuming Linux. As root, try adding a file to /etc/modprobe.d called uvcvideo.conf. In that file enter the following
Code:
options uvcvideo quirks=128
Has worked wonders for me in the past. If you're on windows, sorry, all bets are off. I don't do windoze.