Question / Help multi channel interface audio not working

Noodler13

Im trying to record me and my buddy talking while we play video games. but i cant seem to get the audio from our mics to register in OBS. we're using a couple of dynamic mics going into an Apogee Ensemble firewire. previously i was using quicktime, which would just default to input 1 when you set it to the ensemble. using a DAW i summed both our mics together and routed them back into the input 1 as a workaround.

now in OBS setting the aux input to ensemble doesnt work. ive tried doing those multi output things with soundflower and ishowu, they worked to get the desktop audio, but it does not seem to work for the mic input. any help would be greatly appreciated!

Narcogen

OBS is basically a stereo program that also understands surround sound, but it doesn't have features to cope with or manage multichannel devices.

I have found LoopBack by Rogue Amoeba to be a good solution for this. It allows you to create multiple arbitrary virtual devices, assign one or more hardware devices to that virtual device, and manually manage channel routing.

There is a free trial so you can see if it works for you:

https://rogueamoeba.com/loopback/