Moving sources freezes OBS when Elgato Streamdeck software is running

Goati_

Hello there and thank you for reading this post,

the issue I run into while running the Elgato Streamdeck Software (and having the Elgato Remote Control for OBS Studio plugin in OBS, which gets installed automatically), is pretty much summarized in the post title.
To reproduce it and trigger it, what I do is I take any source in obs and I drag it around with my mouse. It will be stuttery and freeze here and there, until it will freeze the whole OBS UI for a few seconds.

Things I've tried:
- Dragging other sources (it happens whatever I try to drag);
- Uninstalling/Reinstalling both OBS and the Streamdeck software;
- Trying older versions of both;
- Trying other streamdeck device types;
- Not having a streamdeck connected;
- Not having any streamdeck software configurations (the software, out of the box, will cause it);
- Trying Streamlabs OBS instead: this will fix the dragging issue, but source moving will still get butchered if I try to do it via the arrow keys. I wouldn't call it a 'solution' anyway as I want to stick to OBS Studio for now;
- Cleaning up my scenes and sources, and getting to 11 scenes;
- Trying a fresh scene collection; this seems to be 'ok' if both the OBS scene collection and the elgato setup are completely empty (with just 1 image to drag around for testing). Mind you that switching back to my scene collection takes almost 10 seconds;
- Trying on another computer: I tried my work laptop by installing fresh instances of OBS studio and Streamdeck, then adding one image to drag around as a test. OBS would not freeze whatsoever, but the streamdeck software would;
- Contacting Elgato support: they excalated it twice and made me send them a full archive of my data via their support software, but it's not looking good and they suggested I reach out to OBS since that's the only software I'm having issues with;

I think that should be all.
I logged a very brief session in OBS Studio where I drag around a gif in my main scene("Mega Marathon") and I have OBS stuttering, micro freezing and then hanging for at least 5 seconds, but haven't seen anything about that in the log; after it says I switched to that scene, it didn't log anything.

Please let me know if some information is missing.

Thank you for helping out!