move transition plugin

rjhanson

hello,
I am trying to find out if anyone using Ubuntu with flatpak obs studio 30.0 and flatpak move 2.9.6 plugin is having any issues with the move plugin not working correctly.

If you had issues but found a solution I would appreciate letting me know how you did it. I have tried the plugin forum with no solution so I am here looking for assistance from my co-linux users.
Thanks
Richard

AaronD

The prepackaged versions have problems, mostly because of the security model that those package systems are designed for in the first place. Snap has the same problem.

They're supposed to be "sandboxes", where nothing gets in or out without explicit permission, and that really messes with the way that OBS works. The plugin system is only one thing of many that's messed up when you install OBS that way.

Remove the flatpak, install the official PPA, and install OBS from there:
Bash:
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:obsproject/obs-studio
sudo apt update
sudo apt install obs-studio
Then the plugins and everything else will work as intended.

Jokeuhl

Sadly this plugin only really works on Windows and Mac OS I tried it in Ubuntu and it just won't work for me. GL though, if you figure it out please post here again.

rjhanson

The prepackaged versions have problems, mostly because of the security model that those package systems are designed for in the first place. Snap has the same problem.

They're supposed to be "sandboxes", where nothing gets in or out without explicit permission, and that really messes with the way that OBS works. The plugin system is only one thing of many that's messed up when you install OBS that way.

Remove the flatpak, install the official PPA, and install OBS from there:
Bash:
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:obsproject/obs-studio
sudo apt update
sudo apt install obs-studio
Then the plugins and everything else will work as intended.
Hello AaronD,
I did exactly as you shown above, everything works better, except the Move transition plugin, still fails to perform when the scent has been selected.

AaronD

Hello AaronD,
I did exactly as you shown above, everything works better, except the Move transition plugin, still fails to perform when the scent has been selected.
Hmm... Well, I'm afraid I can't help you either. I see you've found the plugin discussion thread though. Your best bet is probably in there.