Mouse input lag when using OBS chrome source

Ron Plays Games

Hey there,

Over the last two months of streaming I've been experiencing input lag with my G Pro Wireless when I'm gaming. I couldn't figure it out why it was happening until I connceted the dots. Whenever I enable an OBS source that uses my browser. E.g. If I pull up a YouTube video. The input lag starts immediately. It renders the G Pro into a crappy $10 generic wireless mouse.
This is a real problem because it's stopping me from doing important content that requires me to be pretty accurate with the mouse and I'm always pulling up Chrome during the stream.

Computer Specs
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 1700
Memory: 16.0GB
Motherboard:ASUS PRIME x370-PRO
GPU: GTX 1060 6GB

I've attached a couple of logs from my last two streams, as well.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 2020-08-03 16-22-15.txt
    94.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 2020-08-04 16-44-34.txt
    106 KB · Views: 5

WizardCM

Forum Moderator
Community Helper
I believe this is a Windows limitation, as it disables the hardware cursor when using the newer Window Capture APIs.

Your options are:
1) deal with the worse mouse experience while capturing hardware accelerated apps

2) (not recommended) Disable hardware acceleration in your browser, and use BitBlt capture mode in OBS

1. Open Chrome Settings.
2. In the Search settings box, type in hardwar
3. Ensure that the slider next to the Use hardware acceleration when available option is turned of
4. Click Relaunch to restart Chrome.
5. In OBS, set the "Capture Method" in the Window Capture source to "BitBlt (Windows 7 and up)"