Question / Help More than two Webcams

beatsocket

Hi,

(bad english warning)

System: Windows, Intel i5 Quad 3Ghz, 12GB ram, AMD Radean HD5700

I realized a WebsocketClient in Processing (java) to talk with the undocumented Websocket-API of OBS Remote. I works well. In Processing i have been written a script, that switch the sources or scenes by Beat Betection. Also well. But:

I'm using three Microsoft HD-3000 Webcams on a USB2.0 Hub with external Power on a USB2.0 Port on the Desktop Machine. But, only two of the three Cams are visible in OBS at the same Time. I must disable (Source Selection) one of the showing Cams and reenable the third Cam - than this Cam works also.

I Think, USB2 is to slow for more than two Cams on a USB2 Bus. Sure?

Can i resolve the Multiple Webcam Problem with a USB3 Hub on a USB3 Port of the Desktop Computer - but using this Type of USB2 Webcam? Or i must to use Firewire?

How is it possible, to show more than two Webcams to the same time? On Windows 7 :)

greetings and thanks

Harold

Do you have enough ports directly on your system's motherboard to test with the cameras directly connected?

Additionally, one issue I found with my logitech C920 cameras is that if you use the wrong colorspace on the camera input, it ends up flooding the available resources on USB 2.0. (MJPG works better for me)

A drastic, and slot-consuming option is to put an additional USB 2.0 or 3.0 card in your system per camera beyond the first (as the first one will be using onboard USB).

beatsocket

I have the Solution: per USB-Controller only two Webcams are possible. I have a second PCI-Express USB-Controller. On this i'm using the next two cams. And it works. So i have three Webcams.

This is my Beat Detection Script for Processing (Java)
https://github.com/seekwhencer/Proc...oadcaster-Software/blob/master/beatsocket.pde

beatsocket1.jpg

Last edited:

beatsocket

I want write a How To, but i have no permissions. Why?

Update:

- splitted Sketch, one File per Class
- included Websocket Command Server to speak with my Web Client
- included Web Client as jQuery Plugin to display some automated activty and as Control Interface

But, actually, the Web Client is not in the GitHub Repo. It follows the next days. It is a alternative Web Interface like the OBS Remote Web Client - and very beta and alpha... ;)

https://github.com/seekwhencer/Processing-Websocket-Client-Remote-for-Open-Broadcaster-Software

beatsocket

Oh. Thanks. But, one Question: Have OBS Studio a Websocket Server included? Before i write my Websocket "Proxy" for the OBS Remote Plugin.