Monitoring the output audio

richard.smith

Hello all

I'm streaming church services, and I want to be able to monitor the overall audio output, not the individual inputs. As it stands, when I am on a scene that does not include some of the mic inputs, I can still hear them on the monitor mix.

I guess I could just monitor with a separate computer picking up the Youtube stream but that's a pain and I want to monitor in real time.

It feels like it should be easy....!

Richard

Hopefully this helps, but as far as I can tell you would have to go to the each Audio track's Advanced Audio Properties (gear icon) and switch to Audio Monitoring to "Monitor and Output" to be able to hear all the tracks feeding into your stream for the selected scene.

Don't make the mistake I made once and make sure to select "Monitor and Output" and not just "Monitor" because then it will be cut from the stream.

...I can still hear them on the monitor mix.
Do you mean on a hardware mixer? Everytime I switch scenes, audio sources not on those scenes become muted...if you are saying you want to hear audio from different scenes but not stream them...then you could add them and just select the "Monitor" only from Advanced Audio Properties.

Goodluck.

richard.smith

Many thanks Dee. No, nothing to do with an external mixer as I'm doing all my monitoring just through headphones from the laptop's headphone output. You say that every time you switch scenes, the audio sources not on those scenes become muted....that's exactly what I'm trying to do! At the moment, when I switch scenes, the audio inputs that are not being used in those scenes become muted in the stream (which is good) but I can still hear them in my monitor.

In my monitor I want to hear exactly what the audience hears

Did you ever figure this out?
Another thought I had was if you set the audio coming into the Laptop to "Listen" via windows sound properties

1599153289488.png

You could be hearing it via desktop audio rather than OBS.

Nhpmnc

I have this same problem as well on a MacBook Pro. Thought I would check the windows forum for a solution.
I only want to hear the source output, not the whole system output through headphones. Hopefully a solution here will be relative to the Mac as well.