Monitoring Captured Audio Cuts Out Randomly

Suffer4Fashion

I have OBS setup to monitor my captured audio and feed it into VoiceMeeter Banana. However, I notice my audio output is unstable. It plays but will cut out if I adjust the volume in OBS or if I switch from a scene with an audio track to a scene with my mic and then back, the audio track cannot be heard or seen in VoiceMeeter. I can verify that OBS appears to be playing it as the audio mixer shows activity on the channel but my VoiceMeeter VAIO virtual input shows nothing. What's even funnier, is that if I wait it may randomly start working but then it may not. No consistency that I can see and this has made troubleshooting a nightmare.

I have my setup done as below:

On each Audio Source: Advanced Audio Properties > Monitor And Output

I also have OBS Settings > Audio > Advanced > Monitoring Device Set to Default

My system Default Sound Output > VoiceMeeter Input (VB - Audio VoiceMeeter VAIO)

I have confirmed that this issue only persist in OBS as all other system audio feeds without issue or delay into VoiceMeeter.

Logs provided below. I do see that it keeps seeing "Warning: Could not update timestamps for skipped samples" at what appear to be my transition back to my "waiting room" scene with the music track.

Attachments

• 2020-09-19 17-17-46.txt
    18.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 2020-09-19 17-25-46.txt
    19.5 KB · Views: 6