Question / Help Monitor info

Peppe73

Hi, I would like to know if it is possible to have 2 independent screens, namely:

I have 2 screens on the first one I have the screen of the game, on the second I have OBS open while I do the live video,
I have the following problem that I am unable to use the second screen while I play the mouse pointer does not go to the second screen, if I pause the game and go to the second screen the screen of the first monitor closes

how can I use the 2 monitors independently to be able to use OBS while I'm live?

Thanks for your answers

koala

It's possible to do this, and this is actually the recommended and best practice setup to use and operate OBS.

In your case, you are playing your game probably in (exclusive) fullscreen mode. In this mode, the Windows task bar is removed, the resolution is set to some resolution defined by the game and all keyboard and mouse operations are exclusively with this screen. The game is minimized if tabbed out and the ordinary desktop of that monitor is restored.

To avoid this behavior, look into the game's graphics settings for "windowed fullscreen" or "windowed borderless" or plain "windowed" settings. In this case the game is running foreground on the desktop and the mouse can be moved freely between all monitors of your PC.

Peppe73

Thanks epr the answer, I did as I suggested I solved the problem with some games, but I have to recalibrate the color settings contrast and brightness, because by placing a window I have no border it changes me a lot these settings,

Couldn't you add a setting to OBS to be able to use it with a second monitor independently? not all games support borderless window settings i have window

Thank you so much for your help.

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
This is unrelated to OBS, you could have Notepad on your 2nd screen and get the same behavior - fullscreen games stop rendering when they are not the active window.

Peppe73

ok I understand, it would take something that manages the monitors in an independent and customizable way, Windos would protect it by implemeting it on his OS, patience thanks for the advice. ;-)