Monitor Audio switches off when source is on a different drive

Steve Sykes

Please help, my video sources are set to monitor and output but when I switch scenes to a source that plays from a different hard drive the monitoring audio cuts out. The meters still read audio and it still goes out to the stream fine. To fix I either have to change the audio settings monitors device to a different output and then switch back or go to the advanced audio properties of the source playing and change the monitoring to "Monitor Off" and then back to "Monitor and Output".

I sometimes hear a click or slight hiss when this happens. It happens when I output to my nvidia HDMI out or using my internal Realtek drivers. I notice this has come up on the Mac Forum as well. I have only just realised it does it when the source is on a different drive. Currently it monitors the files running from my external drive but if the media source targets a file on my internal drive the sound cuts out!

I've tried reinstalling my sound drivers and this issue still happens. I've also reinstalled OBS but just the program files not user settings as I don't want to lose my current settings.

My current fix is to make sure all files are played from the same drive but this is a bug that needs fixing.

Steve Sykes

I thought I'd found a workaround. My audio still turns off when changing scene even though I put all my files in the same directory. I'll repost my problem again.