Mobile device people are using... not the stream you are sending...Audio Levels All over the place!

mobarow

Hello,

Our church does an OBS Live Stream every week, and all the desktop computer viewers have no issues with the audio levels BUT it seems that Ipad and mobile devices are having trouble playing the audio loud enough? Has anyone else encountered this issue regarding volume levels, and any suggestions? Thanks for any advice!

Lawrence_SoCal

Has anyone else encountered this issue regarding volume levels, and any suggestions? Thanks for any advice!

Oh, yes. Well known issue.
Unfortunately, optimizing audio for PC/smart TVs, etc will leave mobile users wanting, and vice versa. What I read, was to compromise on audio settings (come close to trying to maximize audio levels). One piece of advice I read was to try and use compression, but that caused issues for me (and I haven't had time to resolve), and our users adjusted. Hooking up an external speaker or earphones to a mobile device can do wonders.

The issue is the different audio output capabilities of a computer/streaming TV setup, vs really small mobile device speakers... and the assumptions the streaming provider (Facebook/YouTube) makes regarding those devices during streaming. I'll be watching this thread to see if anyone has some updated advise