Minimize Network Impact

DerInder

Hello!

I recently switched to the new OBS Studio but I wont be able to benefit from its awesome features because i can't find the "minimize network impact" option. It makes a significant diffrence to my ping ingame, i always stream CS:GO and need a low ping. Is there any chance this option will be available in the near future of OBS Studio?

Thanks!
DerInder

Last edited:

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
Generally it is planned to support pretty much all features of OBS-Classic in Studio in the future when possible.

MilkJugg24

Second this. It's currently impossible to play LoL correctly while streaming with OBS-Studio.

Switched to OBS Classic, had a flawless streaming experience.

pzFPS

Upvoting.

I cant record with high quality and stream with low bitrate on OBS Classic, and also cant stream with OBS Studio since we dont have the 'Minimize Network Impact' feature yet :(

Thank you.

Bensam123

Also going to bump this, I've been asking for Minimize Network Impact and Automatic Low Latency mode to be added for the last few years. When will this be added?

Alternatively can I simply pay a developer to add these? It's gotten to that point. Maybe I rubbed someone the wrong way while continually asking for this - some of us can't use the new version without these options.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
It's still planned, but it ran into a block when it was determined that there was no way to make it work across all platforms.

It will probably be added as a Windows-only feature.

Bensam123

Is this possible sometime soon(TM)? Both of those are definitely needed for some people (myself included) to stream with studio.

If a donation would expedite this, I would be willing to do that.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
There isn't an ETA, but it is relatively high priority. I don't think it will make it into v18, but it might depending on how things are going with other current v18 work.

If it doesn't get into v18 or v19 (which looks like it's going to be a very UX-oriented update) then it will probably make it into v20.

You're always free to donate, but I don't think a donation will help expedite it.

Bensam123

Any estimate on when these updates happen? Like 1 major version per month?

Pity there is no way to expedite it. Figured there would be at least one dev that would be willing to push things for money.

Also rather unrelated, but is it possible to increase OBS FPS past 120? Yes Im aware of all the doom and gloom of twitch viewers not having 120hz+ monitors and its a terrible idea.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
He is the main developer. There are other contributors, yes, but not all of them are able to or want to work on that feature, and I doubt money will really motivate many of them either, since they volunteer for OBS for fun.

Bensam123

I don't know... depending on how hard it is to implement. Would be nice if there were some place to ask this so it could actually get visibility.