Minecraft fps drops with OBS open, Not streaming or recording

KenIsUnique

So Minecraft FPS drops when I open OBS that's all, I open it and it happens I don't even have to record or stream, It just goes from 100 to 20. So Idk if it's OBS that's causing the frame drop, I tried searching for this and followed their guide but nothing worked, I made obs the lowest settings possible but it didn't work as well the fps is still 20, I changed the Minecraft settings to give me the highest fps it can give in my computer and it still says the same. But when I close OBS the frames go back to normal. But the thing is, I just experienced this now My Minecraft never gets an FPS drop just by having OBS open, I recently just moved my setup and plugged in my router to my computer and that's where it started happening.

Please tell me the solutions, I will be giving you info if you need some :D

Edit: My graphics drivers and windows are updated in the latest version as well

JohnnySix

Did you change your process priority in Advanced Settings > General ? If you have it at High / Above Normal, and you start OBS before Minecraft or whatever you're going to record, you're telling windows to prioritise OBS first, and you game last, so memory/resources are hogged by OBS, whether you're recording or not.

Attachments

• obs_process_priority.png
    obs_process_priority.png
    68.3 KB · Views: 343