Microphone issue

galaxypro70

Hi, I am due to be delivering a big project on Monday and am today integrating all the hardware and software. I have just found that the microphone connected to my Mac, via a USB soundcard, is not working in OBS. It does anywhere else that I try it.

I have changed the settings in OBS to pick up an alternative source on the Audio Input Capture, and that works fine. I have similarly routed the mic in the Loopback software such that it goes into OBS on the same 'virtual wire' as other working audio sources, and again that works fine (but I cant leave it there as I need to have a clean mic meed into OBS).

Although I know the microphone is working, I have swapped out for another one and that is exactly the same.

I have now tried this on two separate iMacs, one running Big Sur 11.2, and the other running Mojave 10.14.6, and both running the latest OBS Studio 26.1.2. Both show the same issues.

The Mojave Mac was used for some previous tests with this hardware configuration and worked just fine.

Please, does anyone have any idea what the hell may be happening here, and how to fix it??

Thank-you

Joanne Chapman

Alright, I fixed it! I just restarted my computer to run a different mic (webcam mic) and then plugged back in my standard headset mic and it worked! Hope that helped

Joanne Chapman

In case you don’t know, once engaged, Exclusive Mode shall test your mic from coming on if you use specific programs such as Skype, TeamSpeak and so on at the same time as OBS. To see if your mic is currently running in Exclusive Mode, go check its properties.