Microphone dropout streaming OBS to Zoom via NDI Virtual Input

dougherj

I keep getting either low volume reports from other participants on my Zoom call or a complete dropout. Currently using a Plantronics USB microphone into OBS, relatively simple video (clock lua, webcam, occasional video file from computer). Video works consistently but invariably I need to drop the line feed from NDI and go directly to the microphone in Zoom. Video continues to work. I'm on a reasonably capable Dell 8800 Win 10 machine with 16GB RAM. I run Photoshop and video editors without issue (not while running OBS).

My setup is OBS to NDI Virtual Input into Zoom. I do not loop back audio or video from Zoom as I am not recording anything. I have checked 'Virtual Input' and used the audio at 0.0 and 6.0db. I suspect I have a simple rookie error in the microphone setup but I can't find it. I have the Plantronics added as an audio capture device. On my most recent call (log attached), I had added a gain filter. The audio dropped out when I played a video file. The gain filter had no effect. Searched for a 'microphone setup for dummies' on YouTube and other places, but have not figured it out yet. Microphone always works at beginning of call but either drops out or goes to low volume, not always correlated with the start of another source. I have also experienced the problem with a Sennheiser mic attached via 3.5mm plugs. Uhhh, help!

Attachments

• 2020-09-14 19-53-23.txt
    16.7 KB · Views: 15