Question / Help Microphone and video sync?

Andrew Welch

We're using the latest OBS Multiplatform 0.9.1 on a Mac Mini with a Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 and an XLR Mic plugged into a TAC-2 Zoom mixer.

Everything is working okay, except that the audio and video are often very out of sync. The strange thing is what we tested the same setup on a MacBook Pro, and it works without audio sync issues.

We're aware of the manual "Sync Offset" control... is this what is intended to be used? The sync seems to change dynamically, as we've had it "drift" as we're broadcasting.

Is this a function of the video encoding/CPU load that's causing the microphone audio to change in terms of the sync offset on the fly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Simes

Specs of the two machines you tested it on would probably be helpful, my bet is that the Mini is underpowered compared to the laptop. Is the video ahead of the audio, or vice versa, or does it change?

AldermanFarms

Specs of the two machines you tested it on would probably be helpful, my bet is that the Mini is underpowered compared to the laptop. Is the video ahead of the audio, or vice versa, or does it change?

I came here looking for resolution to a similar issue - in my case, audio is ahead of video by about a second.

AldermanFarms

Do you see any issue here:

Model Name: MacBook Pro (late 2013)
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 16 GB

Thanks in advance!