Question / Help Mic picking up both audio tracks in the audio mixer

Lp1560

Capture.PNG

Trying to separate game audio from voice however the desktop/game audio still comes through my voice please help thanks

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
Those bars are left / right balance, nothing to do with channels. Check the advanced audio settings (cog icon) to configure which tracks are used.

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
That should be fine. How are you testing that the tracks are mixed? Most media players will only play the first track.

Lp1560

That should be fine. How are you testing that the tracks are mixed? Most media players will only play the first track.
When i record i can hear both my voice and desktop audio however i want it to i can have my voice seprate to the audio from the game and desktop i've been trying to find a fix but nothing atm

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
Your settings suggest you are doing that already. How are you checking track 2 and 3?

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
Yes, there's no point using multi track recording if you aren't going to do anything with them. Your file has three audio tracks. Track 1 is combined, track 2 is your desktop and track 3 is your mic.

Lp1560

1579865492078.png
Still does it even when my mic is muted somehow volume is coming through my mic/aux this is so frustrating idk what else to do i want it so my desktop audio is picking up desktop noise while mic mic only picks my voice up so i can have 2 separate audio clip, im not sure if theirs a windows setting to do something but im confused atm

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
Multiple audio tracks are only useful if you edit the file after recording. What editor are you using? How are you listening to the tracks?

BluePeer

for me it sounds like a little missunderstanding
topic creator you mean that you have on your MIC source not only the mic sound its income is mixed with desktop?

carlmmii

Does this still happen when you remove desktop audio as a source in OBS, leaving just your mic source?

S. Rouling

View attachment 50813
Trying to separate game audio from voice however the desktop/game audio still comes through my voice please help thanks

Solved the mistry!
It's not OBS 's problem
The users who are using a typical Gigabyte motherboard they are facing this problem same goes with me . Here is some problem with the REALTEK audio driver .
Not only in obs. Even in Windows 's inbuilt voice recorder . When you connect both your 3.5 mm jack headphones and 3.5mm jack mic in the front panel of your desktop . The driver starts to merge those two channels and out put it as mic captured audio.
#SOLUTION : CONNECT the 3.5mm mic in your back pannel pink mic port and connect your headphones in front panel . Still It will leave the driver merging a very very little of desktop audio . You can notice it if you hear it very concentrated . Otherwise after doing that what I suggested you will be free from the problem. In my case . It worked .
My motherboard : gigabyte b450m ds3h amr socket

S. Rouling

Multiple audio tracks are only useful if you edit the file after recording. What editor are you using? How are you listening to the tracks?

As you are the dev and admin. I'm saying there is nothing wrong with obs. Obs is great. There is some thing wrong with realtek audio driver and gigabyte mobo. Same thing happening with me in my window's inbuilt voice recorder app. So it's clear that here we can't solve this with OBS settings. But I have provided the solution that worked in my case in reply of the 1st guy's comment

CB_Demented

I'm having the same problem. I have a Gigabyte z170 Gaming GT. I'm running my XLR mic into a Motu M4 and using it as the default source for Input and output as I monitor directly from it.

I have my desktop set with -20db in advanced, monitoring off, and if I remove that -20db I get echo runaway.

lauralouiseh

I am having this same problem but I have two pcs linked with Elgato capture cards and also have a Go XLR audio mixer, I am finding that all my sound is coming through my Mic/Aux channel and nothing through any of my other channels, i am a twitch streamer and record videos also but seem to be having this issue now even though it was find before not sure what has happened