Mic only picks up my voice at a certain volume level

JaredxxGamer

Whenever I try to stream on OBS my microphone doesn't pick up my normal talking voice, but it picks up my voice if I speak just a slight bit louder. I've tried adding most of the filters that I've seen recommended for this problem but none of them seem to work and even having them at max my mic won't pick up my voice at a certain volume. My sound drivers are updated, OBS is running as an administrator, and my microphone is the right one on OBS currently. I've streamed with other streaming softwares and they seemed to work fine. I also recently got an overlay that might be the problem to my mic problem. If anyone knows what I should do that'd be awesome. Thanks!

koala

What you describe is the result of a noise gate. The "open threshold" of the noise gate that is active on your mic is too high. Delete the noise gate filter. If you really need it (works very well without it), start with the defaults and just don't copy some settings you don't understand.

JaredxxGamer

What you describe is the result of a noise gate. The "open threshold" of the noise gate that is active on your mic is too high. Delete the noise gate filter. If you really need it (works very well without it), start with the defaults and just don't copy some settings you don't understand.
I had this problem before the filters I added. I added them to see if it would fix that problem but they didn’t seem to, so I did already get arid of those.

AaronD

I had this problem before the filters I added. I added them to see if it would fix that problem but they didn’t seem to, so I did already get arid of those.
Your sound driver might have one. Between Windoze trying to be "helpful", which often results in stupid, and the zoo of audiophool sound cards and drivers that are designed to sell more than work, your problem could be somewhere in there, and not OBS at all.