Mic not working in OBS but fine everywhere else

Esher

Hey there, so I've been fighting with this microphone for awhile now. I'm using a Cosair VOID ELITE usb headset. When I'm on Teamspeak everyone can hear me fine, there's no sound issues. However, in OBS the mic isn't audible at all. On top of that the volume meter shows a single dot lighting up at the end.. It even turns yellow and red as if the bar was filling but only lights up one dot.

1600525263651.png

Things I've tried so far:
- In OBS I've attempted to use a gain filter
- Checked every volume setting in Windows to make sure they're maxed.
- Checked permissions to make sure OBS is allowed to use the mic.
- Routing the mic through a 3rd party EQ (Kinda works, can increase the gain but the background noise becomes unbearable for the audience. Volume Gate didn't help.)

Log file: https://obsproject.com/logs/X8ag_vWu42Z_t_wH

Esher

Oh, I also noticed that my mic had exclusive mode enabled, so I turned that off.. Rebooted.. Still the same issue.
I tested my mic on Steam voice chat too, seems fine there as well.

Esher

- Attempted to drop the tracks down to just two.. then one. Thinking maybe it could have an effect. Didn't help either.
- Tested nVidia's ShadowPlay. Both streaming and recording picked up my mic, but they were really quiet. Still better than OBS though.

Esher

Welp.. I don't know what it was that fixed it.. But I imported an old set of scenes from a Streamlabs OBS install I had from awhile back and suddenly the microphone is working fine.

No idea what the problem was, no idea what the fix is. So if anyone else runs into this problem.. Sorry!