Question / Help Mic audio not in sync with webcam

bG_Ambition

Can anyone help me with OBS for mac (Xbox One/Elgato HD)? I'm running the newest version of OBS multiplatform and I can't seem to delay my mic audio to match up with the webcam. The audio from my mouth is before my mouth actually moves and it is out of sync. I am using soundflower and also wavtap. I have delayed my webcam to sync up with the gameplay from the Elgato HD. The buffering size in soundflower is 512 and changing that does not do anything. In OBS, my webcam is delayed 2000 milliseconds and under "advanced" and "audio buffer time" is also set at 2000 milliseconds. I have changed multiple settings and can't seem to get the mic audio in sync with the webcam. Any ideas? Thank you :)

here is a log: http://pastebin.com/GBFdYdmP

bG_Ambition

Click the cog button above the Mixer box and adjust the Sync delay from there.

where exactly can I find that setting at? Thank you very much!! Edit: I found the setting under "edit" and "advanced audio properties" that is "sync offset" under Mic/Aux! I changed that to 2000 ms to match the video delay. About to test it now.

bG_Ambition

Click the cog button above the Mixer box and adjust the Sync delay from there.

Thank you!! I had never seen that setting before and added the same delay (2000 ms) to the mic and I said with the webcam delay and everything is set up and in sync! Thanks for your help :)

jerry

Does anyone know why the sync delay doesn't work? It sounds like it does for others, but unfortunately not for me.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Async delay isn't working? What source? There isn't any known issue with it at the moment

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
No, he means "Sync delay" in advanced audio settings. He is trying to delay audio from an audio source.

Just wish every piece of video and audio would come with a sort of timecode negating all these sync exercises for the user (and I assume trivial for a developer :p).