Mic and background won't record on different tracks anymore

Arsi

Hi, I was always able to record my mic and Background audio together on seperate tracks. 1 day I started up obs and it just didn't work anymore. Till this day it still doesn't and i would really apreciate it if anyone can help me.

BTW, I think my obs doesn't record multiple tracks anymore because it does record my mic and background together on track 1

FerretBomb

From the log, it appears you only have one audio track set up to record. Could you grab a screenshot of Settings->Output->Recording, and of your Advanced Audio Properties?

Also, NEVER RECORD TO MP4 DIRECTLY FOR ANY REASON. Record to MKV and remux it from the File menu to mp4 after the recording is complete... mp4 is NOT a recording-safe format.

Arsi

hi, that's so that i can record now cus i need to. also i think this is the picture you ment and thanks for the tip!
......JPG

FerretBomb

It's one to the left, Opnemen.
Advanced Audio Properties can be opened by clicking the cog on the right of any audio source in the Mixer, it should be toward the bottom.

We need logfiles/screenshots from the problematic configuration to be able to determine what's wrong, not an unrelated interim work-around.

Klaudiaaa

Is there any way I can get my file back if damaged...
Tried couple of fixing programms and none worked.. :(

(was recording directly to MP4, found out I shouldn't just now, so please dont hate me pleaaase)

FerretBomb

Nope. There's no way to recover corrupted mp4 recordings. They're digital garbage... only thing you can do is delete them and re-record.
That's why the orange warning message pops up when it's selected; it's an unsafe recording format and should never be used. Use MKV instead.

Arsi

It's one to the left, Opnemen.
Advanced Audio Properties can be opened by clicking the cog on the right of any audio source in the Mixer, it should be toward the bottom.

We need logfiles/screenshots from the problematic configuration to be able to determine what's wrong, not an unrelated interim work-around.
hi is this what you were looking for?

Attachments

• gvd.JPG
    gvd.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 115

FerretBomb

For the screenshot, yes. That shows that you're recording Tracks 1 and 2. Now I need to see one of your Advanced Audio Properties.

That logfile does not contain any recording or streaming session, and so does not contain any diagnostic information.

You need to configure OBS to record multi-track audio, then do a test recording at least 30 seconds in length. Confirm that the recording is showing the problem, then upload the logfile from that test recording session along with the screenshots of your Advanced Audio Properties window, and Settings->Output->Recording(Opnemen) window while OBS is configured in the not-working-correctly way.

FerretBomb

There is no recording session in that logfile. It shows OBS starting up, the Outputs being changed, then OBS being closed about seven minutes after it was started.

From your screenshots, you should have a Mic track, and a Desktop track. Be aware that video players can only play ONE audio track at a time, so in your configuration it's only one or the other, with no 'mixdown' track having both audio streams together.

Arsi

so i just put a recorded file in the remux and now it play's both audio's and everything works again! Thank you so much for your time!!!!