Question / Help Media Source File control

Egonzo

I've figured out using the "Local File" checkbox I can drop a .VOB file into a Media Source and it streams nicely to streamup.

I was wondering if there was a more VLC like control possible with a media src file. I realize it wasn't meant to be probably, but I would like to select audio track, perhaps add subtitles at the same time in yet another language.
Most important, a pause/restart feature would be nice at least. I recall reading in a comment that playlist is planned for some future release.

But, when that checkbox is turned off, it changes the UI to show "Input" "Input Format" fields, but I can't seem to find any guidance as to what the expected inputs that are possible.
I am betting it's from a webcam, or capturing device using a particular syntax perhaps, but I'd like to learn more.

In particular, I am hoping to coerce VLC to stream out in whatever format is best (but not RTMP as VLC is not capable of doing), which OBS can ingest and re-stream in RTMP format to Streamup.
Then I could use VLC for media control stuff and hopefully my Mac Mini can handles running these guys encoding, re-encoding the various video streams. Probably not, but it's for shits and giggles anyway.