Managing multiple (2) webcams in OBS

zachwhalen

Hello,

In my set up, I like to use 2 webcams. One is a Logitech and the other is Microsoft. Neither are fancy; they just plug in to USB 2.0.

In OBS, I have these as Video Capture Devices, and they mostly work fine. There are two problems that recur, however:
- sometimes cameras get assigned to the wrong source
- other times, I can only get one camera source to work at a time

Currently, I'm experiencing the latter problem. I can restart OBS, but it's basically a coin flip. One source will work or the other, but never (at least not today) both at the same time. I used to be able to get them both simultaneously, but I may have had to set something. I'm currently working on a fresh reinstallation.

Any ideas?

zachwhalen

I just noticed something in the source properties. Each has its own, correct, Device name, but for "Input" they're both saying "Camera 1". I assume this is why only one comes through, but I'm not sure if this is a system setting or an OBS setting.

zachwhalen

Huh. Well, I got a partial resolution by moving one of the cameras to a different USB hub group. That's not ideal, though, since I'd prefer to use USB 3.0 and I only have the one USB 3.0 hub.

But at least both are now working simultaneously again.