Making an improvement for some hardware

Markosjal

I went through a lot of late night testing and testing again and posted a thread about how to configure and get more reliable audio from Dazzle DVC100. I have seen hundreds of threads and videos about this topic and very few actually show an easy permanent solution. My detailed thread, if followed allows that audio to work again at relaunch of OBS with one single click

Instead that thread was deleted by a moderator for reasons unknown to me . So I lost my time composing the thread too. I therein suggested that this may be a bug and in fact I stand by this and if not a bug there is an easy fix if configured according to my (deleted) post. without all of it though my single click solution may not work!

ATTN DEVS: Please initialize the Audio at relaunch of OBS much in the same way it is initialized when I click "properties" on Dazzle DVC Video in sources (yes clicking DVC Dazzle Video properties does reset the audio. That is not an error!) . I can only assume that there is some initialization or reset of the audio happening when this gets clicked on and the dialogue pops up, but Audio suddenly works at least under my recommended configuration. That same initialization or reset should also happen when OBS is first launched and should be written into the code. This would save uses from my "single click solution" as long as it is all configured according to my recommendation and perhaps with other configurations as well. While looking for the solution for this, I also discovered that other capture devices have issues with audio that sound very similar, I think one of those was an elGato.

Mark